Barangay San Gavino
BRIEF HISTORY OF BARANGAY SAN GAVINO
Upon the establishment of the Local Government under the First Republic of the Philippines, in 1898, San Gavino was declared a barrio and named in honor of Don Gavino Rigor one of the former â€œGobernadorcilliosâ€ of the town. One of the Barangays comprising the â€œPoblacionâ€ of the town.
The smallest Barangay in terms of land area, but is the seat of various Municipal domains including the Public Market, Municipal Hall and Victoria National High School. Barangay Chairman Ramon Palomo heads the community of about 2,303 individuals or some 542 households (as of 2008 population estimates).
|Barangay Chairman||RAMON G. PALOMO|
|Land Area||49. 03 Ha.|
|Population as of 2014*
*(Projected Population based on 2010 NSO)
|# of House-holds (HH) as of 2014*
*(Projected # of HH based on 2010 NSO)
|General Source of HH Income||81 household heads engage with farming/agricultural activities; 115 HH heads depend on their contractual wages; 110 HH heads are regular employees with reasonable salary rate; 115 HH heads are engaged in private business ventures.|
|# of HH Engaged in Farming/ Agricultural Activities||81|
|# of HH Heads Undergone Livelihood Training||491|
As the seat of the Municipal Public Market, San Gavino is highly engaged with business ventures with some 115 household heads as self-sustaining up to wholesale entrepreneurs. Other sources of income include farming activities (81 household heads), regular salaries (110 household heads) and contractual wages (115 household heads).
On employment, there are at least 39 professionally employed household heads, 283 self-employed, and some 39 heads considering themselves as unemployed